Introduction

Friends, welcome to the world of embroidery.



I am trying to put in here simple videos that would teach some basic freehand embroidery stitches. I would also put in details of varieties of embroidery of India with pictures - some that I have collected and some that I have done myself.








Sep 17, 2011

Organization of the Program

Please see the table below. I give here the list of topics that I am covering in this program, and the description for each.

Topic No.
Topic Title
1.     
Introduction to Embroidery
2.     
Some Varieties of Indian Embroidery
3.     
Organization of the Course
4.     
Materials Required
5.     
Mounting the Fabric on the Frame
6.     
Threading the Needle
7.     
Making a Knot at the End of the Thread
8.     
Running Stitch
9.     
Back Stitch
10. 
Stem Stitch
11. 
Chain Stitch
12. 
Buttonhole Stitch
13. 
Fly Stitch
14. 
Satin Stitch
15. 
Hemming
16. 
Learning to Trace
17. 
Project Work Description

No comments:

Post a Comment