Introduction

Friends, welcome to the world of embroidery.



I am trying to put in here simple videos that would teach some basic freehand embroidery stitches. I would also put in details of varieties of embroidery of India with pictures - some that I have collected and some that I have done myself.








Oct 7, 2011

Making A Knot At One End Of The Thread

I suggest you to watch this video a couple of times to learn to tie a know, and treat the following instructions as reference later.



I would also refer you to this site which gives great pictures teaching how to make a knot.
http://www.wikihow.com/Thread-a-Needle-and-Tie-a-Knot

Anyway, here are my instructions.
  1. Hold the threaded needle on its neck firmly on your left hand, so that the thread does not pull off.
  2. Pick up the other end of the thread on your right hand, between the thumb and the index finger.
  3. Twist and make a loop with the thread around your index finger.
  4. Now gently slide your finger and thumb against each other, rolling the thread. That is, twist/roll the loop by pressing the index finger against the thumb and moving the index finger towards the base of the thumb. You get a twisted loop.
  5. Gently gather and pull this loop to the end of the thread using your index finger or the middle finger. A knot is tied.

No comments:

Post a Comment