Introduction

Friends, welcome to the world of embroidery.



I am trying to put in here simple videos that would teach some basic freehand embroidery stitches. I would also put in details of varieties of embroidery of India with pictures - some that I have collected and some that I have done myself.








Oct 7, 2011

Threading the Needle

You may watch this video a couple of times to learn to thread a needle and treat the following instructions as reference later.


  1. Hold the needle on your right hand with the eye of the needle on top.
  2. Hold two strands of the thread on your left hand.
  3. Gently push the two strands through the eye of the needle.
  4. Pull the strands at the other side of the eye with your left hand to about 4 to 5 inches.
  5. Lo!! Now you have threaded the needle.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment