Introduction

Friends, welcome to the world of embroidery.



I am trying to put in here simple videos that would teach some basic freehand embroidery stitches. I would also put in details of varieties of embroidery of India with pictures - some that I have collected and some that I have done myself.








Oct 8, 2011

Preparing the Cloth


Please see the picture below. I had previously asked you to get ready a poplin cloth measuring 15 inches by 12 inches. Leave about 1 and 1/2 inch gap from all the 4 sides/edges and draw 6 lines using scale and pencil as shown in the figure. In the middle draw a small flower with 5 petals. This flower is for the satin stitch. Take care to draw thin lines. Do not draw very thick lines with very dark pencils. Otherwise the pencil marks may stain the cloth.



On each lines you will do one stitch.

1 comment: